A range of fun-filled, family activities are available at Knowsley Leisure and Culture Park on Thursday 5 April 2018 from 9.30am until 1pm. What’s more, they are completely free of charge!
From swimming to cycling through to a cycle museum and treasure hunt, there really is something to suit all ages and interests.
The full range of activities can be found below and if you’d like to come along on 5 April, simply register your interest today on Eventbrite. Once registered, you can also book on to sessions where there are restrictions on group sizes.
- Disney Inspired 10 minute shake ups – The kids will love playing these Disney inspired Shake-Up Games including Toy Story’s Bullseye Race, Beauty and the Beast’s Cogsworth time trial and Frozen Olaf’s summer dance. Whatever your Disney favourite, there’s bound to be an 10-minute activity burst for you!
- Open swimming session & swimming lesson assessments – The teaching pool at the centre will be available from 11am until 12pm for families to have a swim. Parents who are thinking of booking their children onto swimming lessons can also book a free 15 minute swim assessment to determine which stage they should book their children on to.
- Cycle Museum – The Cycle Museum, based at Walton Hall and Gardens, will have a display of vintage bikes dating from the 1800’s to the 1990’s, including Bone Shakers, Penny Farthings, and other weird, wonderful and wacky bikes.
- BMX track taster sessions – Children over age 5 and over can book onto a free BMX taster session. Bikes helmets and knee pads are included. The sessions will be around one hour long – from 10am until 11am and then another session from 11.30am to 12.30pm (Children should already be able to ride a bike).
- Ditch your stabilisers – Bring the kid’s bikes and take part in an interactive session which will help the kids ditch the stabilisers. There is no minimum age. It will take place by the velodrome track. Sessions are available from 9.30am and they will run throughout the morning.
- Cycling obstacle course and wheels for all sessions on the velodrome – Come and test your riding skills on an obstacle course set up on the velodrome. Whilst there will be a limited number of bikes available, you may want to bring your own along. The sessions are for anyone aged 8 years and above and two sessions will take place from 10am until 11am and from 11.30am until 12.30pm.
- Make your own smoothie using pedal power alone on the smoothie bike! We’ll provide the ingredients, you just need to provide the pedal power!
- Nordic walking sessions – Sessions are available to give Nordic walking a try – all the equipment will be available for families to use. Two sessions will take place – one at 10am and another at 11am. Please report to the main reception desk at Knowsley Leisure and Culture Park (these are adult-only sessions).
- Treasure hunt quiz – Families can enjoy a walk around the centre and its grounds finding the answers to our clues. Once you have the answers give your treasure hunt sheet into the registration desk and enter a draw to win one of our family swim passes.
- Face painting – Free face painting for all the family throughout the morning.
- Soft play – At Knowsley Leisure and Culture Park there is a small soft play centre for smaller children under the age of five.
In addition to the activities, a range of information and support will be available throughout the morning helping you and your family to be active, be safe and be suitably equipped. This includes leisure membership opportunities through the five Volair centres across the borough, Decathlon will have a range of bikes on display and can offer advice on the right bike for you, British Cycling and Go-Ride about the range of cycling opportunities and activities available in Knowsley and the Green Spaces service will be on-hand to tell you about the range of activities taking place in the borough’s parks and green spaces. In addition, Merseyside Police and the Healthy Knowsley Service will be on-hand to provide a range of information and advice around safe cycling and ways to boost your own and your family’s health and wellbeing.
Book your place on Eventbrite.